Saturday, October 24, 2009

Deepavali


I know this is a late post, but what the heck. I only blog when I am home that's why its late.


OK, lets see, I woke up at around 7.30 am, and left the house at around 8. The first stop was my aunty's house in Setapak. My cousin, was really funny because she was wearing make-up in the house even though she wasn't going out. Even her sister who is usually the more vain one, wasn't wearing make-up.

After breakfast, we went to my grandmother's house also in Setapak. My grandmother had nine sons including my father. 7 of them were there, so you can imagine the crowd. We basically just sat down chit-chatting and eating some of the 'kuih-muih' that was made. For lunch there was briyani rice with chicken curry, mutton and some other stuff. We stayed there till 5 sumthing then we went back to Subang.

Back at Subang I took another bath and then we left for Klang to visit some of my relatives from my mother's side. First we went to my uncle's house for tea. We were there for only 15 minutes since they were on their way out.

At around 6.30, we went my aunty's house that's less than 300m from my uncle's house. We were there for like around 30 minutes than we went to my cousins mother in law's house for dinner. Their house was so damn nice especially the interior. The dinner was practically a mirror carbon copy of what I had for lunch. apparently mutton and curry chicken is very popular during Deepavali. After dinner we had this awesome chocolate cake, it was like a little piece of heaven in your mouth.

After dinner ended like 10 sumthing, we went to my uncles house which is less than 50m from my first uncle's house (aint that awesome?!). The main reason for coming here was to play fire works. Every year my uncle spends hundreds of ringgit on fire works and this year was no different. The highlight of the night was those fire works that bursts into different coloured flower.

My uncle stuck the fire work into the ground.



He lit it.



And then it flew.



Without the stick.



Haha, the top part flew across the wall onto the middle of the road and exploded there.



It was pink in colour. The people in the neighbours house (which was having an open house) all started laughing, it was soo hilarious. But we managed to make the other ones go up properly. After about an hour of fireworks, my aunties said to stop. So we decided to light one last fire work.





Haha, it still only counts as one. After this we went back home to get some shut eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment